Question
Posted by: jim | 2011/10/30

dry mouth

I wake up every night with a very dry mouth from about 1 am onwards. I get up and rinse with water and a very small quantity toothpaste. By morning when I get up the feeling of dryness in the mouth is very unpleasant.

In the absence of any other information - what could teh possible causes of this be ?

I am male of 55 years old - 85 kgs

Jim

You most probably have blocked sinusses, that forces you to breath through your mouth, causing the dry mouth. Certain metabolic diseases, like diabetes, can also be a cause for your dry mouth. Sleep apnea can also be a cause. It will be best to consult your doctor for an examination, to determine the exact cause.