Question

Dry mouth

Please advise, I have been suffering with a dry mouth for a couple of days, it feels like my tongue is twice its size, I keep drinking liquid but this is not helping. I checked my sugar and it was 3.5, my right eye has also been twitching for a couple of weeks. Any suggestions. I am on blood pressure tablets(prexum) so my blood pressure is fine. I also seem to have a constant headache.

Dear Anonymous
Dry mouth can be caused by anxiety, some medications ( like flu medication, antidepressants, certain hypertension medications) infection of the salivary glands or stones in the salivary gland duct. Maybe your doctor should rather have a look to see if he can find the cause. The headache could be due to neck and upper back muscle spasm ( tension headache) or due to an underlying viral infection.