Posted by: anon | 2009-01-29

Dry lips

Dear Doctor

Over the past 3months I am experiencing extremely dry lips. I have tried labello, lipice, vaseline, zambuck body oil and to no effect. I have always utlised aqua bar soap for my face and the Like Silk face cream and the same brand of lipstick. Is there a cause for this and how can I fix it.
Thank you.

Dear Anon
Licking your lips, allergies to lipsticks or other lip products, mouth breathing due to a blocked nose, vit B complex deficiency, Roaccutane use and taking in too much vit A can cause chapped lips. Try using Carmex ? (It is a yellow round tin with a red cherry on it) I buy mine at Dischem

Posted by: Dry Lips | 2009-01-30

Blistex works for me, I use the round ointment jar, the Blistex DCT (Daily conditioning treatment), I bought mine at clicks, but I' m sure its available at pharmacies and dischem as well. It works wonders for me! If I put it on then my lips are so smooth the next morning :) But I have to keep using it to keep it that way and I sometimes get a bit lazy to put it on all the time, but if you make a habbit of it you' re lips should stay smooth :)

Reply to Dry Lips