Question
Posted by: anonymous | 2009/10/09

dry itching skin

Hi pls help my Dad has dry itchy skin in the back of his neck it first started out like a rash it has spread considerably now gone to his back its very flaky he scratches it so much it sometimes starts bleeding previously it used to water but now its just itchy and dry.
He has been to a GP 3 times now they have given him an injection each time and medication which would help but for the few days that he was taking the medication. The Doc said it was a form of exczema we have tried so many creams nothing is helping.
Any advice will be appreciated.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Anonymous, thank you for the question and my apologies for the delay with my response.

Your best approach would be for your dad to consult a dermatologist (skin specialist) as soon as possible.

There are various reasons for the sudden onset of eczema and the commonest is due to some form of contact allergic reaction. If one can find the trigger causing the reaction to take place the eczema should disappear. Look for anything that was changed before the rash started such as a new shampoo, deodorant, fabric cleaner or softener, new food type, drink, ect. Literally anything that may be new just before the rash started.

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2009/10/17

Reply to anti-ageing expert