Question
Posted by: karrie | 2011-03-28

dry feet

I am desperate, I have extremely dry soles of my feet. I have been to a dermatologist after being treated for fungus, and told that it is an allergy. But no matter what shoes or socks, slippers I wear it wont heal. My feet peel constantly and it is thick layers that peel off, because they are so dry they crack and then get infected. I have tried loads of moisturisers, lotions, foot baths, cortisone creams, bactroban, you name it I''ve tried it. Anyone got a solution for me please, it is really painful

Hallo Karrie
Try using an urea containing cream like Heelbalm for a night or two each week - rub onto the feet before going to bed and wrap the feet with gladwrap to contain moisture. Then gently remove dry skin with a pumice stone. Use moisturizer like Epizone E daily. Have your thyroid and blood sugar levels checked as it could be a sign of underactive thyroid or diabetes.
See also http://www.epodiatry.com/cracked_heels.htm

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011-03-28

Hallo Karrie