Question
Posted by: M | 2012-11-02

Dry facial skin

What is the best moisturizer for very dry facial skin? Price is not so much of an issue. It doesn''t have to be a moisturizer sold at a pharmacy.

I''m 23 years old. I''ve been using Environ for six months, but my skin remains dry. It very quickly absorbs the products. My skin looks good, I don''t have impure skin. I use Heliocare 50 spf every day. I''ve previousy used Eucerin. I want to prevent pre-mature aging.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi M, thank you for the question and my apologies for the long delay with my response but we have just recently arrived from our London practice.

This is a difficult question to answer over the net as ideally one would like to examine the skin before deciding on the best treatment topical approaches. It certainly sounds that you are approaching the skin in the correct manner and I am not sure why your skin remains dry. Your best option would be to see a dermatologist who can examine the skin, exclude any medical reason for the dryness (Xerosis of the skin) and if all OK a more hydrating regime can then be discussed.

Another option would be to ask your Environ supplier for the most hydrating topical and add that to the regime; if however this still does not help my recommendation is to definitely consider consulting the dermatologist.