Question
Posted by: Shoes | 2012-04-12

Dry Eyes

Hi Doc,

I am struggling with my eyes. They burn like crazy every day. I take a fish oil tablet every morning and use eye drops when necessary. I have tried different make up, but to no avail.

I have an under active thyroid and take 100mg of Eltroxin daily. I stopped this for a week to see if it improved, but it did not.

I know I have to check out my thyroid levels, but this is a bit costly at the moment. Is there another option for me?

Thank you.

An underactive thyroid can cause dry eyes. You will have to consult a doctor for a thyroid test, to determine how well your hypothyroidism is controlled. In the interim, you can use Tears Naturale, hourly.