Question
Posted by: Lisa | 2009/07/09

dry eyes

Hi doc, Ive been told that I suffer from dry eyes and have been given drops but it doesnt really help. I wake up at night with eyes so dry i can hardly open them. I also have red veins on my eye and was told this is because of oxygen restriction to the eye and that this will never go away but will just harden and will have to be lazered off. Is this true? Also, does dry eyes go away or am I stuck with this forever? Thanks

Dear Lisa
It could be permanent - try Duratears - it is more ointment like and works better at night