Question
Posted by: Michelle | 2009/11/13

dry eye - Bulldog

I adopted a Bulldog from FORA two months ago. I was told he is 5 - 6 years old. When I got him his one eye was full of infection. The doctor told me that his tear gland"  in the eye doesn' t work and gave me antibiotics. He said that if it didn' t sort out the problem in six weeks I should try teargel. Is teargel save to use or can I try another product on his eye. I need a second opinion.

Dear Michelle

Your vet need to test the eye with a Shirman tear test strip to confirm the daignoses of dry eye. Two products, Tacrilimus and Optimuun are the only two products that work well for dry eye.

1
Posted by: Cybervet | 2009/11/15

Dear Michelle

Reply to Cybervet