Posted by: Lil | 2013-01-19

Dry cough itchy lungs

Good day, ive had a very irretating dry cough the last 3 months. It feels as if my lungs itch and i cough to try and relieve it. it feels better in the mornings when i wake up but starts again as the day goes on. The last week i have this anxious feeling now and then, as if my lungs do not get enough oxygen (you know when you hold your breath for long and you get that anxious numb feeling in your body?). There is no wheezing, no pain. i''ve had the same thing about 10years ago, had x-rays taken of lungs and the docter did not know what was wrong. It went away after about 2months. got so bad that i almost could not speak as i wanted to cough the whole time. Please help. i only have a hospital plan and do not have the budget for lots of expensive docter appointments and tests.

Unfortunately, you will have to consult a pulmonologist for an examination and lung function test. It is possible that you are suffering from a chronic infection that impairs your lung function. Other possibilities include allergic bronchitis, undiagnosed asthma, side effect from high blood pressure medication (if you are taking any), chronic sinusitis, heart disease etc.

Well multiple things could be causing this type of ailment. Most likely something is irritating it. This might include tar from tobacco smoke or simply u have inhaled an allergen and its trapped in mucous. Its unlikely that you have damaged your lung but if u have had a previous lung infection or a cold that has caused a build up of fluid in your lungs your lungs may be healing from it and the itching is tissue being repaired. If this is the case try not to cough too much because it may damage the already repairing tissue.

Posted by: Eddie | 2016-08-05

Hi I been having prolonged lungs itching since 2004,chest tightening,blocked nostrils I'm 30 years

Reply to Eddie
Posted by: Padz | 2016-05-12

Hi sir/mam.. I have a problem with an itchy lung then I got a hard's almost 2 months and I go for x ray process and the result is negative.. I feel sad coz I don't know what happen next..kindly help for what medicine im going to take... please help me :-( coz I don't have enough money for checking up to the doctor again..

Reply to Padz
Posted by: Jameson | 2016-05-12

Hi sir.. I have a lung itchy problem then I cough..sumtimes its hard to breath..I consult to a doctor and go for an x ray process but it's negative..I suffer this almost two months..and I feel sad because i don't know what happen next.. so kindly help me for what medicine shall im going to take? Please :-(

Reply to Jameson

My lungs always itch at night time. I don't ever know the cause of it and only happens ever so often. I would love to know whart it is and why but the doctors have found nothing wrong in my lungs

Posted by: terry | 2015-12-30

It sounds as though you may have squaids, otherwise known as squirrel aids

Reply to terry
Posted by: Sheryl | 2015-07-15

I also have the same problem, my right lung itches badly and extends to my throat and my lower jaw especially when I cough or laugh out. This usually becomes very serious when I have cold...please help

Reply to Sheryl | 1 comment (hide)

same here and its in the same spot as yours

hi Tiny i have this problem aswell, i felt like my right lung is itchy two weeks ago and i went to see a doctor he saw nothing in my lung, but i told him when i feel it it leads me to cough now my chest is sore, i cough and feel like there is a ball between my breasts inside, i'm scared.

Posted by: Manmohan Singh | 2015-03-02

I am facing same problem I noticed that when I press near shoulder blade in my back, the cough starts. Now my doctor diagnose It is allergic bronchitis and he gave me etophyline tablets and now i am feeling better after eating 4 tablets for two days.

Reply to Manmohan Singh
Posted by: Robert | 2014-12-25

Does anyone live or work around mold? that might be what's causing the breathing problems.

Reply to Robert
Posted by: tiny bob | 2014-12-07

my lungs are very itchy at the night time

Reply to tiny bob | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: chubs | 2014-12-07

its ok tiny

Posted by: muzadabwe | 2014-08-13

my lungs itch too much such that i fail to leave a normal life. i have wheezing sound in my lungs and i produce thicky white sputum when i caugh. i tried all the tests including HIV, but all came out negative, chest X-ray, CT-scan and many more i have never been found with any problem. what is it exactly that is killing me because i keep on having discorfot in my chest. everytime i keep on clearing my throat so that i may feel better. i have taken different types of antibiotics but nothing happens. no progress. kindly help and advise. regards.

Reply to muzadabwe
Posted by: Lil | 2013-01-21

THanks Dr. Alrich. Willl do. Have a great day

Reply to Lil | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Jen | 2015-08-23

Lil, did you ever end up having this checked out? I've been having the same exact issues for about 6 weeks and am curious to know the cause and treatment options. Thanks in advance for your response.