dry cervical mucus

I tooke 2000mg of vit c for several months then stopped suddenly, my cervical mucus has completetly dried, will it return, what can I do to help, I am 40 yrs old

Dear Anonymous

The consistency of cervical mucus is not related to vitamin C but instead related to the balance between estrogen and progesterone levels. It is most prominent around the time of ovulation when estrogen levels are at their maximum. I would therefore suggest that you do a careful hormone evaluation at different stages of your cycle to ascertain whether there is sufficient estrogen production or not.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Try using PreSeed in the mean time.