Question
Posted by: Ann | 2010-07-21

dry burning cracked lips sometimes feel numb

Hi Doc,

About a month ago I developed very dry eyes. Now I have dry burning cracked lips, which sometimes feel numb. Also have neck and should spasms. Could the lip problem be from my neck? nerve related? I currently am on crestor and eltroxin.
I live in Gauteng and we have been having dry weather but I use a himidifier in my bedroom and drink a lot of water, so am not dehydrated.

Hallo Ann
Are you perhaps taking vitamins? Overdose of Vit A or E can cause this, or it may be an auto-immune disease (Sjogren syndrome) I don't think it is related to the spasms in your neck. Rather let your doctor have a look so that he can draw bloods to exclude autoimmune disease if needed.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-07-22

Hallo Ann