Question
Posted by: raffie | 2012/10/01

Dry arms and legs

Hi Doc,
I am 62 years old. My arms are very dry and is very wrinkeld. Also dry legs. Is there anything to help it just look(appear) better.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Raffie, thank you for the question and my apologies for the delay with my response.

This is a difficult question to answer over the net as ideally one would like to examine the skin before deciding on the best approach. Dry skin or Xerosis may have a number of causes and your best option would be to see a dermatologist who can examine the skin and exclude any medical conditions.
There are typical changes in our skin as we age including the inability to form certain vital enzymes, pre cursors and hydrating molecules, which may be the cause of what you are experiencing. If this is the case, one can stimulate these with glycolic acid peels and combining topicals that contain hyaluronic acid, humectants, and alphahydroxy and polyhydroxy acids. These ingredients can be found in one form or another with SkinCeuticals, NeoStrata, Environ, Nimue, etc.

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2012/10/16

Reply to anti-ageing expert