Question
Posted by: Roger | 2012/03/12

drugs effects

Doc

HOw long does the effects of a drug last, is it all down to half life, whenever Im trying something new I worry about the half life, like I may feel completely deranged for about double the half life if its not a good drug for me, but a drug like Prozac has a very long half life, about 3 days, but if it lasted that long you wouldnt need to take it every day, so it cant just be half life

It varies widely according to the drug, and which of its effects one is thinking of when you ask how long they last. Yes, it's not just half-life. Different chemical effects take different times to get started and to return to their previous state ( if they do return ). Its best, really, to discuss this on a case-by-case basis with whatever doctor is recommending a specific drug.

1