Question
Posted by: WORRIED | 2011/01/28

DRUGS??

I SUSPECT THAT MY GRANDCHILDS MOTHER IS ABUSING DRUGS AGAIN ! SHE AND CHILD HAVE BEEN LIVING WITH ME FOR THE PAST FEW MONTHS. I LOOK AFTER THE CHILD AND HAVE MADE SURE THAT SHE STARTED SCHOOL ETC. I AM NOW WORRIED WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO CHILD IF THE MOTHER DECIDES TO DISAPPEAR. SHE WAS NOT MARRIED TO MY SON AND THEY ARE NOT TOGETHER ANYMORE. HE TOLD ME A WEEK AGO THAT HE SUSPECTS THAT SHE IS USING AND THAT I MUST GET HER OUT OF HOUSE. I DON''T WANT TO DISRUPT THE CHILD''S LIFE AS SHE LOVES HER MOTHER VERY MUCH. CHILD IS ONLY 5 YRS OD. WHAT SHOULD WE DO.

Expert ImageFamily law expert

I would suggest that your son or you approach the Children's Court under the auspices of the Children's Act and apply to get her parental rights suspended until such time as she succesfully undergo a rehabilitative programme for her drug abuse. A social worker will then investigate the circumstances and report to the court.

Bertus Preller
B.Proc; AD Dip L Law
Family Law Attorney
Abrahams and Gross Inc.
E: bertus@divorceattorney.co.za
W: http://www.divorceattorney.co.za
Twitter: www.twitter/edivorce
Facebook: www.facebook.com/divorceattorneys
Skype: divorceattorney

1
Posted by: family law expert | 2011/01/29

Bertus Preller
B.Proc; AD Dip L Law
Family Law Attorney
Abrahams and Gross Inc.
E: bertus@divorceattorney.co.za
W: http://www.divorceattorney.co.za
Twitter: www.twitter/edivorce
Skype: divorceattorney

Reply to family law expert