Question
Posted by: me2 | 2010/11/15

drugs

Hi, I have this problem. I met this guy about a month ago and he is quite wealthy. He is in China at the moment and is then going to Phuket for a holiday. He has bought me a ticket to join him there. The problem is that he has asked me to bring 2 bags of his. With this drug thing in Thailand, I am petrified that there is something in these bags. Although there is nothing that I can see in them, people have clever ways of hiding it. What should I do? I do trust him and think that his request is innocent. but I need to be cautious. Is there somewhere I can take the bags to be checked out? Thanks.

You're absolutely right to have such doubts. HOnest guys you just meet, however wealthy, take their own bags with them, and don't pay for people they've just met, to fly to Thailand.
It's hard to imagine that he would require any innocent bags brought so far to him when he could buy better ones and the same contents, anywhere else on his travels.
I would think an intelligent police station should be able to put you in contact with the drug squad to have the bags checked out. And if they do find something, they could advise you how to handle this situation.

9
Posted by: Me | 2010/11/15

.....oh and just another thing. Be VERY clear with the police as to how you came in posession of the bags, so that you don''t end up being charged if something is found, then BE PREPARED to work with the police if something is found. They may want you to help trap him.

I would actually rather suggest that you go to the police station asn ask them to accompany you to where the bags are.........

Reply to Me
Posted by: Happiness | 2010/11/15

Its a good thing you thought of this first. Now you know what to do.

Reply to Happiness
Posted by: Stone | 2010/11/15

Be careful maybe you just being used as a trafficker, if he is that wealthy as you mention for sure he does''nt need two bags of clothes or whatever, but dont mention anything to him because you might end up dead drug lords dont play around.

Reply to Stone
Posted by: Beth | 2010/11/15

i wish you would listen to you own gut, it wont cost you a thing to have the bags checked out before you go. you dont wanna throw your life away incase there is something in there...HAVE THEM CHECKED, BUT DO NOT TELL HIM

Reply to Beth
Posted by: Me | 2010/11/15

Go to the cops - but don t tell him. Bags in Phuket, and China for that matter, are dirt cheap, so there''s no reason you need to take them over! Smell the roses.........you are being used and you stand to pay the price.

Reply to Me
Posted by: Liza | 2010/11/15

Definitely take the bags to the police to have it checked out. There might be nothing, but there might be something. Especially since you haven''t known this guy for very long.

Good Luck
Liza

Reply to Liza
Posted by: Phil | 2010/11/15

Use your brain my dear, if he just needed two bags , he could have baught them over there. You are being used. See you on tv soon.
That is, if you don''t wake up and smell the coffee!
Take the bags somewhere like the cops?

Reply to Phil
Posted by: ME | 2010/11/15

take it to the police station and tell them that you are scared this is what may happen and have them use the dogs to sniff the bag...

just an idea

Reply to ME