Posted by: nickey | 2009-02-27

Hi, my daughter has been using a drug called ' cat' . I think it' s similar to ' tik' > . How soon does one become addicted? She says she' s only done it twice?

Cat is a popular or street name for methcathinone, and is bad news. Its been around for about 10 years, and is usually seen as a crystal-like poweder, something like cocaine, sniffed like it, and often of similar price. Originating from the khat plant, some horrible substances are used in making the product that gets sold, the process may also minclude nasty chemicals like ephedrine or pseudo-ephedrine, acetone, paint thinner and various unpleasant acids. It is significantly addictive. It can cause nasal damage. There are risks of psychosis, agression, and other unpleasant effects.
As she has told you, and presumably didn;'t need to, maybe she has indeed stopped. Talk it over calmly with her, making sure she understands the sort of risks she runs with this and smilar drugs.

Posted by: Anon1-2-3 | 2009-02-27

It depends on the individual... Some are hooked from the first try!

I used to do drugs when I used to party alot... I snarfed, i rocked, i did weed, even tik and ecstasy! (never did cat though) But I wasnever " hooked"  on the stuff that I " needed"  it.. Even took large doses of THINZ (high pseudoephedrine content!)

Today... I don' t do any drugs, and I don' t even smoke ciggies! It was just then when I used to party... I was no junkie, just naughty and stupid!

Reply to Anon1-2-3