Posted by: SCARED | 2008-12-05

I' m not certain what to do - my grandchilds mother is allegedly heavy on drugs. She has been borrowing a lot of money from us, we see to all the childs needs. Her paternal grandmother is also not able to provide for the child. I don' t want to cause trouble but fear for the childs safety. Who should I speak to - should I seek legal advice or rather discuss with childs mother.

You could discuss your concerns with the mother, IF she is someone who would listen and take your concerns seriously. You could discuss it with child welfare, which if your concerns are realistic, is probably what you ought to do. And meanwhile, stop giving her any money --- rather provide food and clothes for the child in actual food and clothes, rather than in money she can misuse.