Question
Posted by: Cocaine | 2008/07/02

Drugs

Hi Doc,

I have a major problem in my life and do not know what to do. Since last year October i started taking cocaine, probably every weekend with friends etc.I met a girl about 6 months ago, and she does it as well, it is getting out of control im always broke, we fight all the time, i want to stop so badly, but the weekend rolls round and i find myself snorting once again. I have been to a AA meeting caus eit seemed the drinking sparks it off. It did nothing for me, have tried reading "The big blue Book" 12 step program - nothing. I cant go to rehab as i work for family, and ill loose my job, they just dont understand. I love this lady dearly, but these dam drugs are a problem, i use to be able just to drink get sloshed and that was that, now i seem to crave the drugs so badly it overwelms me.

What can i do i feel lost and often cosider just killing myself to overcome the problem.

Please help me..

YOu know well, that cocaine is never good for you and can be very harmful, and that you need help to stopm it and to stay stopped. One step in that is to get into a proper rehab program and see a shrink who works in this field, another is to leave all friends who are still into the drugs, otherwise they will surely drag you back to the drug. Why would your family even need to know about rehab ? OK, if an inpatient spell was recommended, you might need to take leave, but with cocaine and alcohol, much if not all could be done as an outpatient. And if the family business would object to your working with rehab, how much worse would they react to finding out about your drug habit, which could happen at any time ?
Killing yourself should not be considered an option --- its a permanent solution to a temporary problem, as we usually say ( and it's true ). See a shrink / counsellor to start planning the details of how you are going to get out of this mess, as you certainly can do it. As for the girl, so long as she is also doing drugs, she would not be good for you or vice versa. Once you are clean, you might be able to encourage her to make the same healthy move, and then the relationship might be resumed. But people dependent on drugs NEVER have a wholesome or genuine relationship, because their p[rimary relationship with the drug always intrudes.