Question
Posted by: Wieletjies | 2010/07/21

Drugged or Alcohol Poison?

I am a bit confused at the momemnt. Puerly just due to lack of info.

I had a bit of an incident over the weekend with one of my friends. I have joined him on Sunday afternoon at the Dross. There were already two other people there when I have arrived. After a while, the one layd and I went quickly to buy a few items at the Spar for our homes.

When we arrived back at the table at Dross, my friend were basically passed out. The natural thing would have been the impression he passed ot due to an oversose of liquor. But, I am not 100% sure about this.

We have tried to wake him up with no luck. At some stage he even crapped in his own pants.

I know my friend. This was totally not like hom. He can ussually handles his liquor. And if he are so drunk, he doesn''t pass out so easily either. That day that I have seen him he even haven''t drank so much that he had to pass out...

I eventually took him to a medical clinic close by. The people luckily helped me there to get him around back to normal again. They recon it was alcohol poison.

My question is - How can I know for sure that it was alcohol poison? Is there a way that I can tell or know that he was perhaps drugged? If a drug causes these type of symptoms, what sort of drug can it be? Or can alcohol really have such an effect on a person?

For some or other reason, the situation was a bit too odd for me.

Your help would greatly be appreciated. Even if it is just to keep me more peace of mind. I can see that my own friend was really imbarrashed by the whole situation.

Hallo Wieletjies
It sounds very suspicious of a doctored/drugged drink. It usually takes quite a lot of alcohol and time for a person to become so drunk that he/she passes out. And they would have a terrible hangover the next day. The only way to check is to test urine for drugs within 24 hours of the episode,so it may be too late now.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/07/22

Hallo Wieletjies