Question
Posted by: Kb | 2008/06/30

drug use - Lin

Hi. My brother who is 35 was also on cocaine, and we think he is still on the stuff. He has been in rehab, and has lapsed twice since. He lies alot, never has money, and just cant seem to get his life in order. My mom told me yesterday that she is sure he is still on it. She notices how his top lip always seems swollen. Does anyone know if this is also a side effect of any drugs? I did read Johns response to Lins email, but he did not mention anything about the lip thing....

The lip thing isn't typical, but many things may possibly be signs of drug abuse, depending on the drug and the method of using it. I deplore how many "rehab" programmes are keen to collect fees for a short program, but fail to provide the essential long-term followup. He needs to be re-assessed in the rehab program ( they're much more experienced at spoiting relevant signs ) and to move on to a support program for the future