Question
Posted by: Lily | 2011-04-01

Drug risk

Will you be more prone to drug/alcohol use if you have Tourettes?

Expert ImageAddictions expert

Thank you for your post
Studies have been conducted that show high levels of addiction among Touretters. Addictions to alcohol, food, gambling, shopping, and drugs, both illicit and legal were very common to the Touretters studied.
I hope this answers your query, though if you should like further information please do not hesitate to contact Harmony Clinic on 021 790 7779.
Love & Light
The Harmony Team

2
Posted by: Addictions expert | 2011-04-21

Thank you for your post
Love & Light
The Harmony Team

Reply to Addictions expert
Posted by: Sam | 2011-04-19

Hello Lily - yes I believe someone with Tourettes is more prone to abuse drugs and alcohol as they have a tendency to self medicate. This is a brilliant site to have a look at WWWdotTOURETTESYNDROMEdotNET

Reply to Sam