Question
Posted by: Sanet | 2012/04/26

Drug Interactions

Dear Doc, I hope you can help, because it is longweekend and my Shrink is already on holiday. Typical.
My neckspasm is not better, in certain areas and a GP injected the worst ones again, but with a muscle relaxant.
But she prescribed Lyrica and Cymgen.
I am so scared to take it with all my other meds, which is:
Geodon, Topamax, Epitec, Concerta, Rivotril, Valdoxane, Dormonoct.
I want to feel better and not go to fisio or have other injections again. Maybe meds will help. Its only a GP, so I''m scared she does not know about the interactions.
Thanks for your help

Lyrica is Pregabalin, a new drug being used for neuropathic pain, diabetic pains, neurofibralgia, and related pain problems. Cymgen is a trade name for the antidepressant Duloxetine. Frankly, it is ridiculous for any doctor to prescribe either of these complex drugs for someone already on a highly complex cocktail of other drugs, without knowing all the other drugs in detail, and just how they're being used, and deciding that the multiple combinations will be safe ; or simply suggesting the possible additions to the psychiatrist in charge of the case ( NO GP is as qualified to juggle so many specialist drugs ) and ask the principle specialist handling the case to consider these as additions or substitutes.
THe list you give of drugs is awesome. I'd hold off taking either of these new drugs until you can consult your primary specialist and discuss these suggestions, and form a joint decision about what to o here.

3
Posted by: Fikiswa Poswa | 2012/08/07

I am currently taking valdoxane 25mg, Dapsone 50mg and Epitec 250mg daily.
What are the common side effects for this combination of pills

Reply to Fikiswa Poswa
Posted by: Gwendoline GOUGH | 2012/06/07

Can you take rivotril,cymgen ,25mg topamax and 12.5mg leponex at night

Reply to Gwendoline GOUGH