Posted by: Shannon Ponsford | 2009-10-24

Drug Interactions

Does eltroxin interfere with the birth control pill, yasmin?

Expert ImageAgeing and Sexuality expert

Its a great question and as I am not a medical doctor I urge you to ask this question to your prescribing doctor.
Drug interactions need to be asked of your prescribing health care provider always- they significantly make a difference. For example we know that antibiotics , St Johns Wort makes any oral contraceptive ineffective. Many women have inadvertendly fallen pregnant this way.
No matter what birth control you are on, you should be using condoms. So while waiting to visit your doctor, even pharmacist well equipped to answer this question , use condoms:)