Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/06/25

Drug counselling centres

I' m a 23 year old woman. I want to know what our role is in fighting substance abuse and preventing it?

Expert ImageArchive

Thank you for your concern on a huge probelm that our society is facing. As an individual perhaps you can start by educating your family and friends about the harmful effects of drugs and alcohol. You can also serve as a role model for younger women and help them to seek alternatives rather than choosing to abuse substances.

If you are aware of people abusing substances you can also refer them to seek help. It is important to empower people around you so that you can fight substance abuse in your community as a group.