Question
Posted by: Joanne | 2012-02-03

Driving in last trimester

Hello Dr,

Is it safe to drive during the last trimester of pregnancy. If it is, are there any specific things I should be aware of, or precautions I should take? Thank you for your help.

Yes it is safe. As Lee an Mpho have said, be careful about the steering wheel and the seat belt.

3
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2012-02-07

Posted by: Mpho | 2012-02-06

Joanne, i enjoyed driving myself around. the day i went for a checkup and was told that i am 2cm dilated, i went to my parents house and was feeling fine. the day i delivered, 30 days later, i was from a friend''s party, took me 10 minutes to deliver. baby was full term and i was fine. we were discharged after 24hrs. you just need to be careful and comfortable behind the wheel.

Reply to Mpho
Posted by: Lee | 2012-02-04

I drove up until i had my baby, just make sure that the seat belt is not too tight and the steering wheel is not pressing on ur tummy as well. Be alert &  cautious as there a alot on ignorant &  selfish drivers out there.
Happy driving and enjoy the last few months of your pregnancy

Reply to Lee