Question
Posted by: Joe | 2010/01/16

Dripping

Can anyone give me some advice, when we have foreplay I keak/drip a fair amount of precum. Is this normal, I don'  t recall doing this before, noting that I have not had sex for many years due to my late wife'  s illness. Have starting to have sex with a new partner and batlle to get hard and of course have the leak/drip of precum. I am over 60 years of age.
Please help.

Expert ImageAgeing and Sexuality expert

Amazing to learn how one's sexual body changes while life is happening:) First thing I want you to do, if not yet done, is to go for a full medical exam. You must check your vital numbers such as cholesterol, sugar, blood pressure. You also need a prostate check . and of course it is time to check your sex hormones. I suggest you visit a urologist who will take care of all of this for you.
Consider that you are out of your sexual comfort due to time passing, due to the newness of your ageing body's response and of course the excitement/anxiety of a new partner who may well have her own body/sexual issues.
Your erectile problem must be seen to as it could be a precursor for another disease. The pre cum is disturbing to you as it sounds as if you feel you have no control over it.
getting a medical check up is the only way to go before you consider any medication. Expect your doctor to examine your life style- alcohol, smoking, overweight.. and he will suggest changes if needed.

2
Posted by: Ageing and Sexuality Expert | 2010/01/30

Reply to Ageing and Sexuality Expert
Posted by: Leila | 2010/01/26

the dripping is normal - its sexual excitement - being with a new partner [lucky you!] as far as not being able to get a firm erection, go for a check up with your dr, if there are no serious health problems your dr will probably recommend Viagra.

Reply to Leila