Question
Posted by: NAS | 2011/01/21

drinks

Hi Dr.

i would like to know is green tea ok for the me and the baby. im 3 weeks pregnant. and been having pains in my pelvis every now and then they like a lightning they come and go and strike fast.

How soon can one start consultation , do i go to a ggynae or gp.

please advise

P.S IM 29YRS OLD

Thanking u

I am attaching a link to an article on green tea in pregnancy.
http://www.buzzle.com/articles/green-tea-and-pregnancy.html
You should see a doctor before 10 weeks, or earlier if you have any medical ilnesses or previous pregnancy complications. If you are going to be seeing a gynaecologist, then start off going to one.

2
Posted by: Purple | 2011/01/24

You start counting your pregnancy from the first day of your last period, so you are 5 weeks pregnant, not 3.

You need to make an appointment to see your gynae now as they will do a scan to confirm that baby is where it should be and to date the pregnancy. However, some gynae''s don''t do this and only want to see you at the end of the first trimester (at 12 or 13 weeks). So just phone and your gynae''s receptionist will tell you what the policy is with that practice.

You should see a gynae not a GP for pregnancy.

If the pains you are feeling are sort of like period pains, then this is normal, its your ligaments stretching.
If however there are severe sharp pains like you are being stabbed and you start bleeding, go to the GP straight away and they will get you an emergency appointment with the gynae. If your shoulder starts to hurt as well, then get to the doctor fast.

Buy yourself the book " what to expect when you are expecting"  it is full of answers to the common questions we all have all though our pregnancies. Its written in a month to month format.

Reply to Purple