Posted by: Mehnaz | 2012-11-12

Drinking Cinamon with hot water help reduce wight while breast feeding

i have a 4 month baby and this is my 2nd baby i have gained a lot of weight this time i need to reduce 10 kgs to come to my normal weight can drinking Cinamon in hot water early morning help me to reduce weight will it harm my baby as i am breast feeding... please help...

Dear Mehnaz
Congratulations on the birth of your baby. By breastfeeding you are giving your child the very best start in life and also preventing future problems in the baby's life such as overweight and allergies. I would not recommend that you take any product, supplement or even a spice like cinnamon that may pass into your breast milk and affect the baby. I would rather recommend that you consult a consult a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will have to provide you with a balanced energy-reduce diet that still provides all the nutrients that you need and that are essential for your baby to develop normally. Combine the diet provided by the dietitian with an exercise such as going for brisk walks with baby every day to stimulate your metabolism.