Question
Posted by: Alison | 2011/01/24

Drinking and Eating

Please can you advise if is good to drink while you are eating. I have heard so many conflicting answers re this. Some say drink an hour before eating. Some say do not drink while eating etc

Dear Alison
I am of the opinion that it depends on the volume of liquid you drink when eating that is the deciding factor. Individuals who drink a whole glass of water before meals and another glass of water during the meal, may well dilute the concentration of their stomach acid and reduce the efficiency of digestion. However, if you have some liquid together with your meal this should not really affect the digestive process and in some cases makes swallowing certain dry foods easier.

1

Dear Alison