Question
Posted by: dw | 2012/09/25

drinking

In my opinion, my bf drinks too much. We will go out for lunch and he will polish off 2 bottles of white wine, of which I may have 1 glass. He doesn''t seem to think he has a problem and says it is such light wine - 12.5% alcohol is not light. The problem when he drinks is that he gets aggressive and also broaches topics such as our sex life with friends or strangers we will be out with, which makes me extremely uncomfortable. I have told him my concerns, but he will scream me down, so I eventually back off. Can this be overcome?

NEVER ever mary someone who is a problem drinker or alcoholic - unless they have recognized it as a real problem and have recovered with the aid of proper expert help they sincerely work with, it will only get worse, and their primary relationship will be with the booze and not with you.
The lightness of the wine is entirely irrelevant, its the quantity, frequency, and the impact, that matters. As he gets aggressive, he will cause problems by his drinking without needing as much alcohol as some might, to become obnoxious.
Never stay with a pwerson who screams you down and won't take your concerns seriously. Leave him as safely and calmly as you can, withough provoking a huge storm, and move on. You deserve better

2
Posted by: Just Me | 2012/09/25

Certainly can be sorted - two solutions. He either goes and gets himslef dried out and stops drinking, or you walk and never look back. Unfortunately such drinking is a disease and all those that care about the person are the ones that get hurt the most. Sorry if it seems harsh, but if he cannot recognise his problem and refuses to do anything about it, it''s time for you to move on. Things don''t normally get better they get worse!

Reply to Just Me