Question

Drinking

I believe i sometimes have a problem when it comes to drinking. Would like to stop but stress gets to me quickly and drinking helps me forget about my worries. Is there some tips you can give me so that i can stop the urges?

Usually, if someone thinks they have problems with drinking, they do. Of course you have surely discovered that while drinking might in the very short term help you to forget whatever is troubling you, it soon starts to cause more things to be troubled about. Better to see a counsellor and leanr better ways to handle stress and to deal wih the worries rather than trying to forget them. A forgotten problem doesnt fix itself, it tends to grow anyway.

2
Posted by: Just Me | 2012/09/21

Go to an AA meeting in your area, just listen to the people there and you will find that a lot of them will have a story just like yours. AA is not a bunch of misfits, they are mostly great people with a drinking problem. They will help you make the rite choices. They have been where you are and therefore understand what you are going through.
All the best

Reply to Just Me