Question

Drinking

I am not an alcoholic but I do enjoy a drink with dinner not every night just when we have a nice meal. On the weekends I have a few drinks and when I say a few I mean two or three glasses. Not every weekend just at get togethers and if we are out at a restaurant. My problem is that when I do have a few too many I act ridiculous. Over confident, I say the wrong things and I am just plain stupid. After the incident I feel guilty and sheepish at my behaviour and I just wish I had not had that thrid glass. My problem is once I have that third glass and I am over my limit I just want to drink and I will drink anything in sight.
How do I deal with this.

OK, you're not an alcoholic of the traditional sort, and according to your description, you don't drink excessively in usual terms. But you do seem to be describing a particular sensitivity to behaving badly and foolishly under the influence of alcohol. You seem well aware of the risk of that "third glass" so you should be able to stop at two - there's no benefit to you in going further, and this pattern sounds more like Binge drinking, and can in the end be just as harmful. Counselling can help you keep control of this risk

1