Posted by: VERBAL HARASSMENT??? | 2009-02-07

I was extremely upset with the way my boss, who is a lady, 26 years of age has spoken to me during our discussions regarding the work on Thursday , the 29th January 2009. She told me … . “ its pays to be stupid” . I have left the office approximately at 16h00 without permission solely to avoid any further confrontation with her. I received a written warning the next day, which I refused to sign..

This was not the first time that she verbally abused/ harassed me . The fist time she called me “ An Idiot”  . I wrote an e-mail to her, telling her that I found it not acceptable and I do not appreciate the way she is speaking to me and would like to discuss it with her personally. She however phone me early the next morning, stating that she was sorry and accepted her apologies as I know that team-work is of utmost importance and thought that our work relationship will approve.

Things were better for a short period of time, but she never stopped belittle me in front of my team . I experience her actions towards me as a personal attack on me as a person, and what she is doing, is nothing more than verbal harassment.

I further disagree with the rest of the contents as set out in the written warning as I have never failed not doing what was expected from me, and my work is always done within the set time limit.

Vertel my asseblief dringend of daar iets aan so ' n situasie gedoen kan word ???? Ek het dit opgeneem met ons HR en onder meer aan haar handtekeningen name gegee van die res van die span Wat my ondersteunen wie dieselfde voel oor die manier wat " ons baas"  haar werknemers behandel. Ongelukkig het ek green bevredigende terugvoering van die HR gekry nie, en voel ik ook niet dat say my enigsins gaan by staan nie.

Ek sal dit regtig waarden indien u my u opinie kan voorzien - ek wil nie bedank nie , werk is sears en geniet ek die tipe werk wat nie die manier hoe ek behandel word nie. Ek wil ook weet wat ek met die " written warning"  moet doen.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

You need to raise a grievance procedure as soon as possible. You can go to the CCMA (Commision of Conciliation Mediation and Arbitration) to raise an unfair labour practice claim against the company.