Question
Posted by: Dress Code | 2008/06/09

Dress Code

Please help I have a daughter who is eight years old. Her problem is she will only dress in clothing that are loose fitting
she hates anything that has buttons or a colar and is quite happy
to wear her pyjams which are made of silk day and night . New clothing are out of the question as the material is too hard etc. Is it possible that she perhaps have a phobia of some kind.

No such phobia known to science. Combination of fads and fussy, spoiled kid

2
Posted by: Dress Code | 2008/06/10

Thank you Maria, I appreciate your response.

Reply to Dress Code
Posted by: Maria | 2008/06/09

It sounds as if your child may be touch sensitive. This can be diagnosed and treated by an occupational therapist, preferably one specialising in children and sensory integration problems.

Reply to Maria