Posted by: Marie | 2012-02-02

Husband says I dream of other people at night (sexual dreams) I dont recall anything he insists it is true &  is quite upset. Please tell me what to do, this is causing big problems for us, I am 56, he is 46.

Expert ImageSleep Expert

Since you do not have any control over your dreams, and since they MEAN NOTHING AT ALL - they do not mean you are obsessed with other people, or that you dont love him, or whatever else is hurting his fragile ego - the real answer is that you should do nothing and he should just grow up and get over it.

Alternatively, you can ask your doctor to give you small doses of a tricyclic antidepressant at night, which will suppress your dreams in general.

Posted by: PHD | 2012-02-07

I also think he''s just got a fragile ego issue. Does he stay up and wait for you to dream? There''s nothing you can do actually, dreams come naturally. I agree with Annie though. He''s being childish.

Reply to PHD
Posted by: annie | 2012-02-07

How does he know what you are dreaming????? Is he not pehaps the one that is doing the dreaming???

Reply to annie