Question
Posted by: ss | 2010/08/31

dreams

I sleep at night but dream constantly..So when I wake up in the morning I am exhausted... It is efecting my work daily.. Is there something I can do not to dream at night?

A psychiatrist might be able to do a full assessment and figure out what out of so many possible causes, is causing you this concern. Some drugs, not only psychiatric drugs, can stimulate dreaming, even some foods.
Dreaming as such is not tiring, and indeed if dreamless sleep can be artificially arranged, it is very unsatisfying. Dreams are necessary. If one's sleep is disturbed for other reasons, because you tend only to remember, fragmentarily, what you were dreaming just as you woke up, the more often you wake, the more dreams you will remember. Its the waking that is tiring you, not the dreams themselves.
Look at other aspects of sleep hygiene - comfort of bed, temperature of room, distractions like noise, drinking stimulants like tea, coffee or coke after 4 pm, being over-active in late evening rather than winding down, and see if these factors can be improved on

4
Posted by: Disappointed | 2010/08/31

Try taking Melotonin by Solal (slow release).

I have been quite stressed lately and also dream vivid dreams. I talk in my sleep and sometimes grind my teeth. When I need a good nights sleep I take Melotonin and it seems to settle me.

You can buy it over-the-counter.

Reply to Disappointed
Posted by: ss | 2010/08/31

no...

Reply to ss
Posted by: Maria | 2010/08/31

Are you taking any medication or other substances that might have dreaming as a side effect?

Reply to Maria