Question
Posted by: Wendy | 2009-09-03

Dreams

Hi there, my fiance and I got engaged 2 weeks ago. We are very happy and we have no problems. We have set a date for our wedding and are busy planning our future. For the past week, I have been having sexual dreams about a colleague of mine. I' m not attracted to this colleague and he is at least 10 years younger than me. I' m starting to get stressed about these dreams as they are happening every night. It was always the same colleague in different sexual situations. I don' t know how to tell my fiance'  (or if I even should?) but right now I' m just hoping that I don' t talk in my sleep! Please help!

Dreams gnerally have no special meaning, though sometimes they may reflect things you are thinking about. It may be that as you contemplate marriage and the plan to be faithful, you are indulging a little in thoughts of sexual relationships you will now not have ? Don't let the dreams stress you unduly. I'm not sure why you would need to tell your fiancee, as these are not related to your actions now or planned, and are likely to fade away before long.

2
Posted by: anon (always elusive :) | 2009-09-03

Wendy, have you thought that maybe it' s just that on some primal level you might be in a bit of a panic that now you have said yes to Mr. Right, you are sub-consciously thinking about all the maybe men? Those guys you were attracted to but never got with, and now you' ll be married and you will never know what " might have been" ? These dreams don' t mean that you will or even want to cheat, it' s just that- a dream. It happens, to everyone at some stage... No need to make it bigger than it was, recognise it for what it was - a fun dream, and now you can get on with your real life... the one where you' ll very soon be Mrs. Right :)

Reply to anon (always elusive :)
Posted by: Dani | 2009-09-03

The same thing happened to me just much worse. I am married I dreamt about a guy quite senior in the company and 10 years OLDER than me. Things were not really good in my marriage at the time. Why this guys I dont know. He is a great person and is divorced. I had a huge crush on him for 1 year and could not understand. I think he noticed it but " moved"  away not to be in my space. Today I am over it and nothing happened only because he " ignored" it. Till today I dont know why. It was a hectic part of my life and its now gone. Because of your dream you maybe feel unconsciously JUST attracted to this colleague. You feel guilty all the time and hence the re-ocurring dreams. Good luck!

Reply to Dani