Posted by: leroy | 2009-03-25

Dream or reality?

Hi, I never really told anyone before but I feel like I can talk here cause you don' t really know me. I' m turning 20 years old now and sometimes i don' t feel like a human. I feel like something els... Like I have no control over anything. I can sit on the same spot for hours, not saying anything, just stairing at the wall. My dreams become reality, I can hear voices in my head talking to me, telling me what to do. Sometimes it feels like there is someone out there watching me al the time, knowing my every move and I' m scared to go out of my house. I' m even scared to drive anywhere in my car. I had a dream that I' m going to crash and die in a car and I really feel like its going to happen. But at the same time, I hate myself. I hate myself so badly that I want to hurt my body al the time, I want myself to be sad! I deserve it! I feel so confused! I don' t know whats real any more. What must I do?

Hi leroy,
Well, whatever this is, its clearly unpleasant, and not how things ought to be. There are numerous possibilities as to what is causing this situation, and all of them could be greatly improved with the proper treatment, which is what you deserve. YOu should arrange to see a good local psychiatrist for a proper assessment ( you can talk freelly, as such sessions are confidential and the shrink is experienced at making it easier for you to talk ) and frankly tell him / her what's troubling you. After a proper diagnosis of the origins of these difficulties, you can discuss treatment options, which may include medication and maybe some personal counselling, and you should be able to be feeling a great deal better than this before too long.
DO arrange this --- you deserve to be feeling better than this, and the sooner one starts treatment, for any sort of problem, the easier it is to get good results, rather than leaving it for longer than necessary
And come back to the forum and let us know how you're getting on

Posted by: Zee | 2009-03-26

Hi There!

Are you in Cape Town?
If you are please mail me , i could possibly assist you.
zee dot help4you at gmail dot com.

Reply to Zee