Question
Posted by: Shoes | 2011/05/17

Dream Interpretation

Hi CS,

I had a vivid dream last night and am not sure if you can interpret it. I was on a boat, with my husband and a few others on a tour. The water was wavy like the sea and muddy as it was on a river. I saw a crocodile chewing a log, without any bark on it, bobbing in the river, with huge teeth. I pointed it out to my husband, but he could only see the mill on the banks of the river. We bumped into the shore and I saw crocodile skulls on it and pushed away. The banks were steep and the grass was green. The next thing I heard a large snapping noise and looked around, the boat had broken in half and I thought I must get to the shore as I heard the crocodile flicking its tail to come towards us. Then everything went black.

I am in a bumpy time in my life and I fear crocodiles and open water. Do you think it means something in my life will end, that is some circumstance? Or that I can see impending danger and no one else can?

Thank you.

Firstly, I must make it clear that there isn't a shred of good scientific evidence that dream interpretation is either accurate or useful. It's like astrology, it can be fun if you don't take it seriously.
At most, the dream you describe suggests that you are indeed at a bumpy time in life and feel somehow at risk or in danger, and that maybe other people important to you don't take this seriously enough. Dreams can reflect your current concerns, though they don't prophesy anything.

1