Question
Posted by: Peas | 2011-03-04

Dream Interpretation?

Hi CS,

Do you know anything about dreams? I had a strange dream last night. I was getting married again, to my husband but we were late for the wedding, I could not pick out anything to wear, we forgot the rings.... We quickly tied the rings to the ring cushion, then I woke up. Perhaps it is a reflection on my daily life, with 2 small children, life is pretty hectic!

Thanks.

Most dreams have little or no meaning whatsoever. Dreaming is normal and frequent, and we don't remember the vast majority of dreams, only managing to remember those occurring just before we wake or those which are arousing enough to wake us. Much dreaming seems to be a brain equivalent of running a defrag program on your computer's hard disk.
As you suggest, where there is some relevance to your daily life, it's usually at a rather mundane level - in the example you quote, probably more about feling chronically rushed and fearing being late for things !

1