Question
Posted by: DEI | 2013/01/07

drawing up a will

Good afternoon,
i would like to find out some information on how to draw up a will.
i have drawn up a will already (just by typing one out)and i would like to know do i have to get it stamped by the police station? i asked std bank but they said i have to have assets more than 10 million, so who else can i go to to get it stamped legally. is it also okay if it is just typed out by me, or must it be done on a legal format to be a legal document? i have my two witnesses, i just need it stamped by a commissioner of oaths but before i go to commissioner or police station i need to know if i have to put it on a legal format. what else must be done?
thank you

1
Posted by: Ryan | 2013/08/29

Just be careful that you follow all the prescribed formalities of the will and that your witnesses are not beneficiaries, that they sign in your presence and that you get an attorney to go over and fix any errors etc.. If you have a beneficiary sign, it won't necessarily invalidate the will but the beneficiary will become unable to inherit from the estate...

Reply to Ryan