Posted by: Ronny | 2008-11-08

Drastic weight loss

Is there any surgical assistance available for wieght loss? I have tried so many diets already and nothing works. I become anxious and depressed. I was always thin and for the past 5 years the kilo' s are piling up. I do not know how to diet. I think I am losing control over my life and body. I do not want to be like this. I need help!!!

Dear Ronny
Yes there is so-called "Bariatric surgery" which can assist when an individual has a great deal of weight to lose and standard diets and exercise do not help. If you are morbidly obese and cannot lose weight with standard slimming diets and moderate exercise and if the obesity is threatening your health and survival then such procedures are indicated. Nowadays there are the Bariatric Centres of Excellence that are doing good work in this field. You can contact Jana Derksen at the Call Centre for the Netcare Bariatric Centres of Excellence on 0861-623-7489 or contact her at: or call her on her cell phone at: 072-373-0155 or visit their Website at to discuss this option if you have a great deal of weight to lose.