Question
Posted by: GU | 2011-02-02

Draining Feeling

Every so often, I wake up suddenly from deep sleep by a feeling of blood draining from my heart. It feels to me that I would have died had I not woken up. What could cause this unpleasant feeling. It doesn''t happen when I''m awake. There are also occasions when I find I''ve been holding my breath while I sleep, then I wake up gasping for air.

Expert ImageSleep Expert

I'm not sure what has caused the feeling of blood draining. Waking gasping for air may indicate a breathing disorder during sleep. If you are tired during the day you might want to see a sleep doctor to have this investigated.

1
Posted by: Sleep expert | 2011-02-02

Reply to Sleep expert