Posted by: BB | 2010-09-30

Dr vs Specialist

I had shoulder surgery to repair torn rotator cuff a year ago.
Have of late been experiencing soreness,aching across font of shoulder &  my qu is: do I first go to see my family dr, or do I go direct to shoulder surgeon who operated? i.e. what is shortest, least costly route to find out if I have a problem that needs further medical attention?

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

The most time-efficient route is to see the doctor who repaired your rotator cuff. The most important thing he has to check is if the tendon has healed or not

Posted by: Dr Joe de Beer | 2010-10-17

The tendon may have been to badly torn for the operation that was done or the tendon may have re-torn

Reply to Dr Joe de Beer
Posted by: BB | 2010-10-15

Thank you for your answer. What would have caused the tendon not to heal? Does this mean the tear is still there?

Reply to BB