Posted by: Yolandie van Wyk | 2009-09-28

Dr Rossouw - diet injections

I would like to know if anybody can confirm if they have not picked up the weight they have lost, after being on the Dr' s diet and injected. I would also like to know if anybody experienced any side effects?

Dear Yolandie
I trust that the other Readers are giving you feedback about these diet injections. I am personally totally opposed to this type of slimming treatment because some of my Readers have reported that a high-protein Atkins-type diet combined with injections dispensed by various doctors and pharmacies had made them ill and caused a variety of side-effects. Using a high-protein, very-low-carb diet will cause weightloss, BUT the chances are good that you will regain all the weight you lost once you stop this unnatural food intake. For example, one of the Readers who posted a message today said that she lost weight with the Atkins diet, but regained it all again.
If the injections contain human growth hormone they can be potentially harmful and should be avoided.
Please be careful

I'm on this diet for 7 weeks now. Have lost 17kgs. It definitely works and the consultations definitely helps to identify where one makes wrong choices in your eating. I have twice the energy from about one third of what I normally took in. I am close to my goal weight and will be going on a recovery phase soon where previously unallowed foods will be reintroduced into my diet. Obviously its all about choices and the consultations helps a lot to identify this as well as the psychological aspects.

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Mommy | 2015-10-28

What is your diet plan

Posted by: Debra | 2015-07-27

i am so interested, my family member has lost weight and is looking good and happier .i need your address and what days are you open. and time. as i live in plumstead CT,is it a monthly cost,and can you give me price if possible many thanks

Reply to Debra
Posted by: Mandy | 2015-06-10

I started with Dr Ressouws program on the 27 May 2015. I weighed 78.6kg I did not stick to the diet 100%. The 4th June my weight was down to 75.1kg and lost 10cms off my waist. I am happy with my progress and will try and stick to the diet 100% then I will get a much bigger result.

Reply to Mandy
Posted by: Annie | 2015-02-09

I,ve sighned up by Dr Rossouw about 12years ago.. I lost 12kg in 2 months.. First two weeks of any diet is hard to get into but al worth it in the long run, cause it is all about changing your eating habbits and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.. The only reason I picked up weight was that I stopped smoking.. I am back on the injections and it was easy to get back into the program again.. and lost 3kg in first week and looking forward to my next 10kg... Whoopa.......

Reply to Annie
Posted by: happy&Healthy | 2015-01-30

Hi, I followed Dr Rossouws eating plan. I lost +-28kg about 2-3 years ago and have not gained it back. I am 57 and feel great. Its never easy to change the way one lives - eating and moving being the most difficult. Start moving - walk 3 times a week for at least 40 min. Don't see this as a "diet". See it as the first day of the rest of your life.... and you will never gain back !!

Reply to happy&Healthy

Racoon, eating a thousand calories a day isn't much but it's enough. You do that to reach a goal and when you have reached your goal you recalculate. Weight-loss is science that's all. I'm ashamed it has taken me so long to realise this, but at least now I know. I use the injections, I also used various pills to help me over the first hurdle of 10kg. Now I don't use the pills and when I've reached the 20kgs mark I have the doctors permission to stop the injections. I has no side-effects except for feeling tired, but that was due to the fact that I disn't eat all my 1000 calories on some days and I refused to exercise. I still stick to this, I have lost weight without exercise. To lose weight you need to lose fat. 1 pound of fat is equal to approximately 3500 calories. I have been cutting my calorie intake by 1250 per day which results in 8750 calories a week, which means I lose about 2.5 pounds per week, which is about 1.2 kgs a week. And when I've reached my goal weight I can scientifically calculate how much I need to consume to maintain it. Approximately 1830 calories a day. That is a sh*#load, I struggle some days to finish a 1000 calories. It's all about your mindset. Dr. Rossouw's way of weight-loss has merit. I've been trying for 12 years and finally I have found the will-power, because I saw it worked. No slow starts that demotivate you. And he is firm, but never harsh. He won't allow you to waste your time or money-we all need the human element to push us to push ourselves in the end. This diet WILL work if you make it work.

Posted by: Debi | 2014-05-16

hi, I would like to know what a you during a typical day on the Dr R diet. Can anyone give me an idea?

Reply to Debi
Posted by: Janine | 2013-12-03

I also used dr Rossouws injections and it work and I did not gain wait again after that.

Reply to Janine | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Magda Smit | 2014-03-17

Hi Janine Have you kept off the weight and was it difficult to stay on the diet.

I was with Dr R in 2004, lost nearly 20 kgs. I maintained it fairly well, but slowly started picking up from 2008 onwards because I reverted back to bad eating habits, and never made a concious decision to choose healthier alternatives. In December 2012, I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, who is now nearly 10 months. I realise now, with her becoming more active, I need to be slim and fit to keep up with her! I made an appoinment to see Dr R again, and he's diet slimming treatment works wonders if done properly, and if maintained properly afterward, the weight will stay off. On another note, my sister-in-law- lost 40+kgs with Dr R, and still going strong!

Posted by: Shane'Toll | 2013-10-01

i have on the injection 10 years ago and i lost 15kg. For 10 years i have maintained my weight ,only now with bad eating habits i have gained all the weight. I am definitely going back...:)

Reply to Shane'Toll

Hi I was on the eating plan and diet three years ago and I had no side effects and I haven't gained any weight since then. I lost 25kg. If you don't do the maintaince plan as they recommend you will gain because you didn't complete the plan and there is a reason why it should be done!

Posted by: Kerry | 2013-06-11

Hi Yolandie I have been on Dr. R diet for a 6months, lost 22.5 kg and never regained the weight and it is 1 and a half years later. I have changed my mindset

Reply to Kerry
Posted by: Liya | 2010-01-26

Hi guyz ca someone help me im desparately in need of Dr Rossouw' s contacts this year i really want to loose weight no matter what im wearing size 46, 26 years of age i dont my body and dont enjoy life any more PLEASE HELP!

Reply to Liya
Posted by: Liya | 2010-01-26

Hi guyz can someone help me im desparately in need of Dr Rossouw' s contacts this year i really want to loose weight no matter what im wearing size 46, 26 years of age i dont like my body and dont enjoy life any more PLEASE HELP!

Reply to Liya
Posted by: Liya | 2010-01-26

Reply to Liya
Posted by: Racoon | 2009-10-08

Lost a load of weight on 2 occasions on Dr Rossouws injections plus his VERY low calorie diet. But regained all of the weight plus extra. The diet cannot be kept up, and if you exercise at the same time, its absolutely impossible. Headshift is whats needed to change ones eating habits. Low calorie/kilojoule diets aren' t sustainable. Its a hard battle to fight and does require committment. Sorry.

Reply to Racoon
Posted by: Sckyler | 2009-10-06

Hi Yolandie, I am currently on the diet injection and have been using it for almost a month now, injecting myself every morning and following a prescribe diet plan from the dietitian.

I am loosing weight steadily about 1.5kg a week and do believe that after going of the injection I will not pick it up again UNLESS I start going back to my bad eating habits.

Reply to Sckyler | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: DrRfan | 2013-10-24

Hi, do you maybe have the eating plan that have the drinking joghurt for lunch? I've lost my menu and won't be able to go there soon.