Question
Posted by: Seriously Depressed!! | 2009/10/26

Dr. PLEASE help? I' m so embarressed - I want to die.

Doc, I hope you can help, I don' t know how to deal with this. I' m a 34yr old female and binge drink over weekends. I drink average 2.50L of brandy &  coke from Fri / Sunday night. Sounds very sociable, but for me this is becoming a very big problem. Nevermind the VERY bad decisions I make, like having unprotected sex, I get so low and depressed from Mon/Wednesday, it feels like I am suicidal - nothing' s rights - heavy feeling on my chest. If I go to my doctor, will she think I' m common/sluttish, can I share this with a GP? I' m thinking this MUST have an effect on my health... I do not feel well, physically or emotionally.

This is the worst part. I had sex with someone and now it feels like I have thrush (something like that) It burns like fire when I urinate, not itchy, but there is a specific spot by the inner labia that hurts like hell. While we were doing the deed, I started bleeding, and it' s not my period (and I was not a virgin) That stopped immediately afterwords. What can that possibly be?

I' m playing with my life recklessly, what is wrong with me? I feel useless and hate myself very much. I feel like a $2 ho. Please give me some advise?? Please...

Hallo Seriously depressed
Your answer is probably in your nickname - you probably are self - treating depression/anxiety with alcohol over weekends. You know that you are harming your body - this is half the battle won and you want to change - another 1/4 won, but it is highly unlikely that you will be able to do this alone. You can discuss this with a GP - but you should probably also see a psychologist to help you manage your anxiety and depression and you should probably go onto proper antidepressant medication. You may need to join a self help group for support.
You may have had a bleed from the cervix during sex (common with infection of the servix) or had a small tear in the vagina.
Please let me know what the doctor said and prescribed after you visited him/her? Doctors are taught (supposed to) not to be judgemental and he/she will probably be keen to help you get out of this spiral of destructive behaviour.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/10/26

Hallo Seriously depressed

Reply to cyberdoc