Question
Posted by: Per | 2011/01/18

Dr Perricone

Do you know of a certified dermatologist with experience in JHB that beliefs in Dr Pericones principles? And can his products help to stop scarring and heel scarring- the marks are still red? And what other products are exellant to use.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Per, thank you for the question.

I am unfortunately not aware of any dermatologist that specifically prescribes to Dr Perricone’s principles but the theory that inflammation and free radicals are a cause (or at least major contributing factors) of ageing and reduce skin healing is well accepted by most doctors involved with the skin.

The treatment of a scar is dependent on what the cause is, how old the scar is and what type of scarring has developed. I am sure that Dr Perricone’s products will help the healing phase of the skin but I would also consider adding a topical product that is specific for healing scars (such as Scar Science - available at any pharmacy). If the scarring is still red my advice would be to use a good SPF and the topical mentioned above: Scar Science.

I am a firm believer in alphahydroxy and polyhydroxy acids, vitamin A derivatives and vitamin C as the most important ingredients for a topical product so my advice would be to have a look at the following ranges: NeoStrata, Environ, Nimue, Skin Science, IS Clinical, etc.

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2011/01/24

Hi Per, thank you for the question.

Reply to anti-ageing expert