Posted by: Ponny | 2009-07-27

Dr Cohen' s 1st personal diet

i recently met an old friend and she looked fantastic, she told me abt this diet, but i want to know more about it,iewill i starve, do i need to exercise...will i gain back the weight and after how long.

Dear Ponny
From what I can gather from my other Readers, the Dr Cohen diet is based on the principles of a high-protein, low-carbohydrate diet. An attempt has been made to reduce the intake of fat, so it is probably not as potentially dangerous as the original Atkins diet, but I would still be careful in trying this type of diet that is not really balanced. It is always a good idea to combine slimming diets with daily exercise to obtain the best results. If you will regain any weight you lose, is difficult to predict. I would personally rather recommend the use of a low-fat, balanced diet that includes carbs with a low glycaemic index (GI) and daily exercise for weightloss.

I need to join a support group. Please help. I started with my plan this week

Posted by: Jenni | 2016-03-29

I am from Port Elizabeth, and would like to know who I could contact with regards to this eating plan, and what it would cost.

Reply to Jenni

Hi everyone I love the program, on it now for 10 weeks n lost 11kgs still have 4 to go but I feel I don't want to loose more. Can I go on the refeeding now, just want some info on the refeeding, at times I would cheat due to very busy times n feel sick...

Posted by: Leonie | 2015-06-13

I have just lost 38kg whilst on the diet and have been maintaining the weight loss. I found the diet to be easy as it is kind of structured in what you are allowed to eat. The support from the consultant was awesome.

Reply to Leonie | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Zaza | 2015-07-13

I have just started on the diet & I need to join a support group on line. How can I join?

I was on the diet after tried almost every diet in the book. Its great specially when you love fruit and veg. If you stick to your diet you will loose very quickly and feel motivated with each kilo you have dropped, can recommend to every desperate overweight person.

Posted by: CC | 2009-09-21

My daughter is interested going on Dr Cohen' s diet. However we have both done Sureslim before and have put on a lot of weight! First is the maintainable? Second does anyone know what the difference is between Sureslim &  Dr Cohen' s diet as I believe Sureslim splintered from Dr Cohen and the diets are very similiar. Can anyone confirm this?

Reply to CC
Posted by: Mamoesa | 2009-09-14

I' ve been on the diet for 4 weeks now and lost 7 kg - wich is great! BUT I feel that there is absolutely NO support from the clinic I' ve been to..... In fact, their whole attitude
I find very discouraging.

Reply to Mamoesa | 2 comments (hide)

I was on the diet a year ago and had the same problem with my clinic. it is based in Nelspruit. she never contacted me or supported me. when I wanted to know something or felt very unmotivated I had to google the sites and peoples commentary to get me back on track but it still didn't help me so eventually I quit.

Posted by: Feroza | 2015-01-29

Hi Mamoes Which clinic did you go to? Im based in Cape Town and have just made enquiries at a clinic close by to me and found them very nonshalant and unsupportive.

Posted by: LADY | 2009-09-14

I have been on this diet for 11 weeks, and have lost 17kg' s. I am 42 and should battle to lose weight. This has been the best investment I have made in my life!! I have another 5kg' s to go before I can start my re-feeding - can' t wait. I will recommend this diet to anyone who can stick to something. Food choices are limited, and there is no room for cheating, but the rewards are tremendous. I must add, I also do not get hungry, or have cravings. Good luck!

Reply to LADY
Posted by: MB | 2009-07-31

I' ve been on the plan 4 wees now and lost 8kg' s (I have a total of 15kg to lose) and a wopping 50cm.

They tell you to tone down exercise whilst on the losing phase. The method behind the madness is that the plan trains your body to first use existing fat to fuel your daily activities. Once all the fat is gone, and you' re on the refeeding stage, you can bring in exercise again, because at that point, you will be adding more carbs, which will give you the energy to exercise.

Regarding the programme itself, you won' t starve, but you have to seriously commit. During the Losing phase you are restricted in terms of how you can prepare your food (i.e. no oil/butter), etc. It' s all about the food combinations though.

If you' re serious about losing it, this will work for you! And I' ve used every product, done every programme. Never have I seen such results...

PS: I' ve not been fatigued, had headaches, felt nauseous or jittery on the programme. The beauty of this programme is NO PILLS, NO INJECTIONS, NOTHING ARTIFICIAL. And I don' t know if the programme has anything to do with it, but I have not even had the flu yet...

Reply to MB