Question
Posted by: Jo | 2011/06/24

Dr Cohen or The Diet Everybody talks about

Hi, I would like you to ask for you opinion on whether Dr Cohen or The Diet that Everybody talks about is better?

Dear Jo
Because both the Dr Cohen Diet and the Diet that everyone talks about, are based on variations of the Atkins diet (high protein, high-fat, zero or very low carbs) and require injections according to other Readers, these diets will both initially make you lose weight (even without any injections), but the problems with this type of diet are: a) It is unbalanced and the high intake of fat is potentially harmful b)you can develop side-effects like ketosis, bad breath, constipation, etc c) most patients regain the weight they have lost when they stop using this type of diet. Luckily most patients cannot adhere to such a high protein diet for long. The injections either contain some harmless liquid that will not contribute to weightloss, or potentially harmful compounds. One of my other Readers once posted the package insert of weight loss injections that she had received to me, and it was frightening because the injections were under no circumstances intended for weight loss, but were designed for treatment of male fertility problems and were called "A.P.L.® Injection". The package insert stated specifically "APL has no known effect on fat mobilization, appetite or sense of hunger or body fat distribution. HCG has not been demonstrated to be effective adjunctive therapy in the treatment of obesity." Thus it is senseless to get injected with unknown products.
I would rather use a balanced, energy-reduced diet (1500 cal or 6300 kJ/day) and daily exercise to lose weight safely and at a much lower cost. Please read the posting from Annemarie today which will give you further insight into these pharmacy diets and the injections.

1

Dear Jo